Friday, July 03, 2009

My Summer Reading List

Below are a few books that I've either recently finished or plan to read at some point this summer. I should say that I've read all of these books so far using my iPhone and the kindle application. While I have many complaints about the proprietary nature of the kindle format, I must say that I find the iPhone to be an incredibly efficient e-reader. I believe I'm able to read at a much, much faster rate on my iPhone in comparison to a traditional book. I attribute this to being able to personalize the font size to the one that best suits my needs I do wish that Copy>Paste from the kindle worked...it would make it so much easier to reference excerpts from the text in blog posts.


Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
I finished this book a few days ago and if I can get things together, I will post a review soon.






Doing School - How We Are Creating a Generation of Stressed Out, Materialistic, and Miseducated Students - Denise Pope
Probably the book that I've enjoyed the most thus far. Again, more thoughts as time allows.





The Google Story - Mark Maiseed
I started this book a few months ago and set it aside for a bit. I finally had the opportunity to finish it up last week. A good read, but I haven't enjoyed it nearly as much as the other Google-related book that I just started reading, What Would Google Do?




What Would Google Do? - Jeff Jarvis
This book is absolutely fascinating. I'm currently about at the half-way point in this book and feel as though it is a must read for school leadership. I've bookmarked many passages along the way and hope to reflect further on Jarvis' excellent book in a future post.




Mindset: The New Psychology of Success -Carol Dweck
This is our school's faculty summer reading book and I'm eager to begin reading this as it has been on my list for quite some time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment