Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Remixing the "Internet and Privacy" Graphic

I posted about this great graphic from the Flowing Data website that has been making the rounds on Twitter at the end of last week. As I said, it really jibes with my thinking about how I conduct myself online.

Due to the incredible amount of attention that tends to prop up every three months or so about Facebook's privacy policies, I immediately thought of the following remix:

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that ANYTHING attached to the Internet belongs in the orange circle, including organizational email systems AND school networks. 

So I revised the above Venn diagram to look like the following:




The bottom line for me??  If I want my information to be totally and completely private, I shouldn't digitize it on any device or platform that is connected to the Internet. 

How about you?? How might you remix or revise any of these Venn diagrams or the original from Flow Data?

No comments:

Post a Comment