Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Google Apps Updates as of August 31st, 2010

Some of you know that the school I work at uses Google for our email and collaboration platform. I've used used many different email systems in my career as a school technology coordinator - Eudora client (not sure what powered this system), Exchange, FirstClass, and now Google. Without a doubt, Google's platform is superior for empowering both individuals, teams, and large communities. Whereas exchange and MS Office are all about individual productivity, Google is all about team productivity and hyper-collaboration. 

One of my favorite things about the Google platform is the regular updates the Google Team pushes out to the platform. Yesterday during our faculty meeting I did a 25 minute update on some of these new features-in reality, many of these features are not exactly new, but for many who attended my session yesterday this was their first exposure to the updates. 

Click here to view the document titled, Google Apps Updates as of August 31st, 2010.

...and I almost made it through an entire blog post without mentioning the cost of the Google platform :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment