Tuesday, March 03, 2009

365/60 FOSS Disc


365/60 FOSS Disc
Originally uploaded by mjmonty
This was my 365 photo of the day from yesterday and I decided to re-blog it over here...

FOSS CD (actually it is a DVD)-FOSS is an acronym for "Free and Open Source Software." I created this disc to have something to give out to community members when they stop by the office asking about what software they should buy for their computers. Often times I find that they aren't opposed to the notion of open source, but instead they just aren't even aware that it exists. More on the FOSS disc over at: castillejatech.wikispaces.com/Casti+FOSS+Disc

Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas for titles on this disc in the form of comments on my blog post about this idea from early January: middleschoolblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/free-and-open-sourc...

3 comments:

  1. oooo!! u kno how u posted an email on that in the conf.? i have tried most of them. i was looking at the image edditing stuff. skitch is my favorite. i have had it for a LONG time, but pixelmator is more "professional". i dont kno if u have it on the webstie. also, i think open office has issues with my computer. it keeps shutting down on me so i used like "coffe bean" or something weird like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o... btw, jing never worked for me. i tried it like last year. maybe they updated it......w/e

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment, Tobi. I'll try pixelmator and put that on version 2.0 of the casti FOSS disk. Skitch is one of my favorite mac apps as well. Weird about open office, but who knows. Give Jing a try...it is a great app.

    ReplyDelete