Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Game 2 of the World Series



I had a great time going back to Detroit to catch game two of the Tiger-Cardinal series. It was cool because on my way back home to Motown on Saturday I heard a replay of the '68 World Series game between the Tigs and the Cards where Bob Gibson struck out 17 batters in a single game...that was really quite cool. Saturday when I got home I went straight over to my sister's home to watch game 1. Many family members were there watching the game-my brother from DC, my nephew from Michgain, aunts, uncles, etc. it was alot of fun. On Sunday the weather was pretty foul leading right up until game time. My brother-in-law drove us downtown as he had tickets to the game as well. On our way to the parking garage we drove by the Spirit of Detroit statue and snapped the photo that you see here. My brother and I went to Comerica park about 2.5 hours prior to the game starting...we walked around and took tons of photos (see the attached group of pictures). Fortunately it stopped raining about 30 minutes prior to the first pitch. The game itself was awesome--Doug Jones even managed to create a little un-needed stress at the end of the game by loading up the bases before getting the final out. All-in-all, it truly was an epic weekend-while the tickets were expensive, it was a great time that I'll remember for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment