Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tweet Cloud

Twitter has clearly been one of the most important tools that I've used this year in my professional development. I began using twitter in October of 2007 and below you'll find a screenshot of my latest "Tweet Cloud," which is a visual representation of the most often used words in my twitter posts. In a way, this provides a glimpse into the kinds of things I've been up to this year in my role as a digital media teacher and a middle school instructional technology coordinator. At the beginning of the year it was a goal of mine to really focus my attention on students. If this tweet cloud counts for anything at all, I think that I've done a pretty good job at putting the interests of students at the forefront of what I do. There are many other ways that I've been analyzing my tweetcloud, but I'm also glad to see the twitter names of so many people that I've met and exchanged ideas with over the course of the year. I consider this to be one of my best years professionally, and I attribute this largely to the educators I've met all over the world via twitter and other social media tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment